[ut2004] Tuning guide?

John Bailo jabailo at earthlink.net
Sun May 16 17:11:23 EDT 2004

On Wednesday 12 May 2004 21:32, Peter Hoff wrote:
> I'm with you. It's playable on Linux, but the performance is definately
> better on Windows. The most plausible (to me anyway) explanaition I've
> heard is that directx is designed specifically for gaming, while opengl
> is geared more towards proffesional 3d applications.

C'mon, you guys are just trolling.

My machine is :

2400 Athlon 2G
256 memory
Suse Linux 9.0
Radeon 9200 with the ATI Linux drivers.
40G harddrive -- dual boot, 2 Windows shares, and four Linux file systems.

I put UT2004 on a 19G linux filesystem.

Im new to UT so I'm doing the single player games -- two on one fighting.   To
me, it's excellent.  I compare it with Halo -- which I found to be a dog once
the action and fighting started.   In fact the Linux UT2004 moves so fast
it's hard to keep my wits about me.

In theory, since the Linux and Windows version come on the same DVD I could do
a comparison with Windows .

--
W '04 : Open