[ut2004] Strange "crash" after distro "update" - 2.6.6

Thomas Otto 3.1415926535897932384626433832 at gmx.net
Sat May 15 13:14:25 EDT 2004

First: If you want to post a *new* thread to a mailinglist please
*don't* reply to a random message and delete the subject/quoting. The
appear as a reply to just that message in threaded view.
(Also - my 2 ¢ - turn off HTML mails ;-)

On Topic:

> I recently installed Fedora Core 2 Test 3 on my computer to
> try it out (been quite impressed so far),
.oO( Nothing beats Debian if you can handle it *scnr* ;-)
> and one of those test had
> inevitably to do with games. Anyway, so I installed the distro,
> install my drivers and the game. I have everything updated to the
> lattest versions (including kernel custom built 2.6.6).

Yes, it seems to be something kernel 2.6.6 related, running Debian sid
here and the only change I made recently was updating the kernel
(selfcompiled).

> The problem is that whenever I want to play ON-LINE the game exits to
> the desktop with the message on the console (I use a launcher which
> opens a console to see debug messages):
>
> WARNING: ALC_EXT_capture is subject to change! Xlib:
> extension "XiG-SUNDRY-NONSTANDARD" missing on display ":0.0". Signal:
> SIGHUP [hangup] Requesting Exit.

Here it only happens once in a while, the game starts, I click "Join
Game" and it exits again. Next time it usually works.

> And the console hangs there,
> Requesting Exit... I have to kill the process with 'killall -9
> ut2004-bin'.

For me it hangs only for a while without using CPU afai can see and then
exits, but indeed Ctrl-C doesn't help there.

> BTW I am running with the jesus-h-christ binaries.

Same.

Regards

       -Thomas

[1] Your headers: