Strange "crash" after distro "update"

Gian Paolo Mureddu Thetargos at tutopia.com
Sat May 15 04:54:44 EDT 2004

Hi all, I recently installed Fedora Core 2 Test 3 on my computer to try
it out (been quite impressed so far), and one of those test had
inevitably to do with games. Anyway, so I installed the distro, install
my drivers and the game. I have everything updated to the lattest
versions (including kernel custom built 2.6.6).

The problem is that whenever I want to play ON-LINE the game exits to
the desktop with the message on the console (I use a launcher which
opens a console to see debug messages):

<code>
WARNING: ALC_EXT_capture is subject to change!
Xlib:  extension "XiG-SUNDRY-NONSTANDARD" missing on display ":0.0".
Signal: SIGHUP [hangup]
Requesting Exit.
</code>
And the console hangs there, Requesting Exit... I have to kill the
process with 'killall -9 ut2004-bin'. Now my question here is if anyone
else has seen this kind of error, if so under what circumstances? I have
pretty much the same system I had when it worked fine (same versions of
SDL, ALSA, heck even Kernel, since I updated my distro a couple days ago
and in fact used the same .config to build the new one).

BTW I am running with the jesus-h-christ binaries.