[ut2004] Tuning guide?

Peter Hoff petehoff at pacbell.net
Thu May 13 00:32:15 EDT 2004

Matthew Bonig wrote:

> Awesome, can I have your computer then?

I'm with you. It's playable on Linux, but the performance is definately
better on Windows. The most plausible (to me anyway) explanaition I've
heard is that directx is designed specifically for gaming, while opengl
is geared more towards proffesional 3d applications.

Anyway, it would be nice if someone could give some performance tuning
hints. And no, "works great for me" isn't really helpful.