[ut2004] Unable to change resolutions

Matthew Arnold marnold at ez-net.com
Tue Mar 30 10:31:52 EST 2004

Christopher Swingler wrote:

>>>I've noticed an odd problem with my install.  When I go into options and
>>>attempt to change resolutions, I am unable to.  Clicking on the little
>>>down-arrow thing makes it point to the left, but the drop-down list of
>>>resolutions doesn't appear.  If I switch UT2004 into software mode,
>>>restart, change the resolution, set it back to OpenGL, and restart
>>>again, I can change the resolution.  Any ideas as to what's up?

>>A shot in the dark, but may be your XF86Config file... You sure you have
>>all resolutions there?
>
> It looks fine to me:
>
>     Subsection "Display"
>         Depth       16
>         Modes       "640x400" "640x480" "800x600" "1024x768" "1280x1024"
> "320x200" "320x240" "400x300" "1152x864"
>         ViewPort    0 0

I've had some problems with changing resolutions too. Sometimes instead
of changing resolutions, I would end up at the desktop. UT2004 was still
running, but I couldn't alt-tab to get back to it. I ended up using
ctrl-tab to switch desktops and then alt-tabbing back to UT2004 and I
could get it back. I'm not sure what the problem is. I haven't
experienced it with any other games, but then again, I haven't changed
resolutions much in any game.

Matt