[ut2004] missing eyecandy with openGL?

Jamin W. Collins jcollins at asgardsrealm.net
Mon Mar 29 12:13:38 EST 2004

On Mon, Mar 29, 2004 at 10:43:30AM -0500, Ryan C. Gordon wrote:

> Some people have reported that turning on/off scsi emulation helped the
> installer. This appears to be a kernel bug, as they couldn't even read
> some of the files on the disc when using "cp" on them until they made
> this change. Perhaps this is the problem?
>
> (others reported success with scsi-emulation, others found they needed
> to ENABLE it instead of disable it...might just be that the ut2004 discs
> are finicky and they just happened to get a good read after enough tries
> and it has nothing to do with the kernel).

I didn't have any problem with scsi-emulation being enabled during the
isntallation.  Installed just fine from the DVD Special Edition.

--
Jamin W. Collins

To be nobody but yourself when the whole world is trying it's best night
and day to make you everybody else is to fight the hardest battle any
human being will fight. -- E.E. Cummings