[ut2004] missing eyecandy with openGL?

Gian Paolo Mureddu Thetargos at tutopia.com
Mon Mar 29 08:56:01 EST 2004

cougar wrote:

>After using the newer faster 2.6, I'll never go back to 2.4. There's a bug in
>the installer that won't let it install in Mdk 10. Others w/Mdk10 who I've
>talked to have had the same problem. Oh well, I'll forget about UT and just
>stick with my old standby, Q3... it installs and plays flawlessly with super
>high frame rates.
>
>Thanks anyway :>\
>Cougar
>
>On Monday 29 March 2004 08:22 am, Gian Paolo Mureddu wrote:
>

>>cougar wrote:
>>

>>>Sure wish it would install on the 2.6.X kernels... someone suggested
>>>installing it in text mode... same results. Installation aborted. 2.6.X
>>>kernels will be replacing the old slow 2. 4.x in most distros sooner than
>>>most would expect. It ran great on the former 2.4.X on my box but I'm not
>>>about to downgrade this 2.6.X   kernel for the sake of any game and I
>>>imagine many will feel the same. I wonder if the 2.6.x  problem will be
>>>fixed by the time the commercial release? I hope so, great game! If not,
>>>there may be a lot of Linux UT 2004 boxes on the shelves gathering dust.
>>>
>>>Cougar
>>>
>>>BTW, kudos to the great work on the 2.4.x 'version'.
>>>
>>>On Monday 29 March 2004 07:58 am, Chris Lack wrote:
>>>

>>Err... if you still have any 2.4.x kernel around, you may install by
>>booting with your 2.4.x kernel, and play using 2.6.x. I installed the
>>Demo just fine with my 2.6.4 kernel, and I seriously doubt support for
>>2.6.x was "removed" from the final retail release... or maybe is a bug
>>in the installer? (or you are missing a feature on your kernel, like
>>joliet or transparent decompression?)

You're saying this happens in an unmodified Mandy 10 install? Odd... FC2
test1 which comes with virtually the same kernel (2.6.3) I haven't heard
of any problems with it and the installer... I do not have FC2 test1,
but FC1 w/2.6.4, If this is so, then you must report this as the bug it
is for Mandrake 10 (and potentially other) distros...