[ut2004] Linux UT2004 w/ Radeon 9800 or 9600 Pro

Dennis Dryden ddryden at ntlworld.com
Sat Mar 27 18:45:54 EST 2004

On Sat, 2004-03-27 at 21:37, Jamin W. Collins wrote:
> So, any ideas on what I've done wrong? I'm assuming that someone out
> there has managed to get UT2004 running under Linux with an ATI 9600 or
> 9800 Pro.
>
> Just to add to the list of working games, the following run fine on my
> system with either the 9800 Pro or GF FX 5200:
>
> - Quake 3
> - UT
> - UT2003
> - RtCW
> - NWN

Ive got a Radeon 9600 Pro (one of the nice powercolor 256Meg versions)
and UT2004 works under Linux, Quake3, RtCW and NWN all work as well.
Maybe it the drivers your using. I think im using the 3.7.0 drivers from
ATI(the only drivers that work for 9200+ cards). I'm also running
Debian(unstable) so it cant be Debain at folt. I find the game almost
upplayable on most maps though(fps drops very low) and im guessing its
the rubbish ATI drivers and not specificaly UT2004. How well do your old
NVidia cads play the game?

Dennis Dryden