missing eyecandy with openGL?

Felix Maibaum f.maibaum at web.de
Fri Mar 26 04:02:50 EST 2004

Hi all!

I just saw the game on windows for the first time, and couldn't help but
notice that it looks a lot nicer. Especially a lot of the lighting effects
seem to be missing, e.g. shadows and vehicle's headlights.

Is there a list of what is misssing, and is there a chance that some of that
will change? I mean AFAIK the nvidia drivers expose all the capabilities of
the cards trough OpenGL extensions, so at least theoretically the same stuff
as with directx should be possible.
I especially miss the shadows, they make everything look so much more real.

bye

Felix