[ut2004] ALSA sound without OSS emulation

Alex Malinovich demonbane at the-love-shack.net
Mon Mar 22 13:53:03 EST 2004

On Mon, 2004-03-22 at 05:45, Zephaniah E. Hull wrote:
--snip--
> You may have posted it before, but could you give your ~/.openalrc?
>
> Also, what is the output you get from running ut2004?

Here's my current ~/.openalrc:

(define devices '(alsa))
(define alsa-out-device "surround40:0,0")
(define speaker-num 4)

I have tried hw:0,0 for the alsa-out-device as well as that is what XMMS
has been using for a while with no problems.

Here's my output from running ut2004:

demonbane at Thief:~/.gdesklets/Sensors/starterbar-desklet-0.30$ ut2004
open /dev/[sound/]dsp: No such file or directory
Xlib:  extension "XiG-SUNDRY-NONSTANDARD" missing on display ":0.0".

I wish I had more output as that would greatly help me in
troubleshooting, but it seems that openal doesn't like to talk much. :)
--
Alex Malinovich
pgp.net keyservers. Key ID: A6D24837