[ut2004] ALSA sound without OSS emulation

Alex Malinovich demonbane at the-love-shack.net
Thu Mar 18 20:21:36 EST 2004

On Thu, 2004-03-18 at 19:04, Ryan C. Gordon wrote:
> > Is there anything else I can do? Is there a way to get some more verbose
> > log information out of UT so I can better try to troubleshoot what's
> > going on?
>
> We're talking about the retail version and not the demo, right?
>
> We dynamically load the ALSA libraries, so it's possible dlopen is looking
> in the wrong place, and falling back to OSS support?

Correct, it's the retail version.

Can you tell me more about what order UT searches for audio devices in?
I'm using udev, so devices get created as needed. If UT is checking for
a device that hasn't been automatically created by udev, it's possible
that it thinks that ALSA isn't enabled and is therefore going back to
OSS support.
--
Alex Malinovich
pgp.net keyservers. Key ID: A6D24837