[ut2004] Pain sounds

Gian Paolo Mureddu Thetargos at tutopia.com
Fri Mar 12 14:44:45 EST 2004

Matthew Arnold wrote:

> Gian Paolo Mureddu wrote:
>
>> Have you tried the VOIP OpenAL that Ryan posted a few weeks ago?
>> (check the list archive). It works beatifully for me, I even have
>> Text To Speech enabled (which is a VERY funny feature :) )
>

> I don't remember anything posted by Ryan re:VOIP recently. Is it the
> same one posted at Warp's site at http://icculus.org/~warp/ut2004/ ?
>
> I'd love to get VOIP working, although I could probably do without
> Text-to-Speech :)
>
> Matt

Let me look in my HDD, I may have the OpenAL sources still here at my
rig, I may send it to you. Just compile the thing (adding
--enable-alsa=yes and --enable-capture=yes a must, --enable-sdl=yes
optional to the configure script)  and replace the game's OpenAL library
(openal.so) with the generated openal.so.0.7 file (you just change its
name).