[ut2004] Game crashing and locking mouse up.

Thomas Otto 3.1415926535897932384626433832 at gmx.net
Sat Jul 31 14:00:01 EDT 2004

> I then have to ctrl+alt+f4 to
> ttysx and reboot. It does this maybe once every 6 hours of play.

Shouldn't a simple X/displaymanager restart do it? Hit
Ctrl+Alt+Backspace for the former or run /etc/init.d/{g,k,w,x}dm restart
for the latter as root.

> If your keyboard focus is still in a terminal, you can use
> http://www.icculus.org/lgfaq/files/umouse.c
> to release it.

Indeed, it releases the mouse, but the resolution is still stuck at what
ut2k4 it set to, 1024x768 here. Ctrl Alt +/- doesnt work and xrandr -s 0
fails [1], also changing the SDL_SetVideoMode call in umouse.c to
(1280, 1024, 24, 0); which is my usual resolution doesn't do it.

So I still prefer a quick start of quake3 to solves that problem after
being forced to kill-9 ut2k4, and of course Meta+T is bound to start a
new aterm.

    -Thomas

[1] fails with: $ xrandr -s 0
X Error of failed request:  BadImplementation (server does not implement
operation)
   Major opcode of failed request:  157 (RANDR)
   Minor opcode of failed request:  5 (RRGetScreenInfo)
   Serial number of failed request:  9