[ut2004] Cant find libGL

Rick B zajelo3 at cfl.rr.com
Wed Jul 21 23:03:06 EDT 2004

Luke Bigum wrote:

>On Thu, 22 Jul 2004 08:52, Rick B wrote:
>

>>    Sorry, you might have already said this before but I deleted your
>>using the drivers from Nvidia or 3rd party drivers? Also try this link
>>to nvnews http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=14 and see
>>if your problem has already been solved.
>>
>>                     Rick B
>>

>I've reintalled GLX and the nvidia drivers. Using opengl-update to switch to
>the xorg implementation of OpenGL gets passed the current error, but it
>doesn't support a number of extensions and so fails anyway. Switching back to
>nVidia OpenGL still has the 'Cant find libraries' error. All my other OpenGL
>apps work though, so I dont know whats wrong :P

    All I can think is that it might be this, in the NVIDIA/Readme file,
especially the part about ldconfig:

A: If X starts, but OpenGL causes problems, you most likely have a
   problem with other libraries in the way, or there are stale symlinks.
   See Appendix C for details.  Sometimes, all it takes is to rerun
   'ldconfig'.

   You should also check that the correct extensions are present;
   'xdpyinfo' should show the "GLX", "NV-GLX" and "NVIDIA-GLX" extensions
   present.  If these three extensions are not present, then there
   is most likely a problem with the glx module getting loaded or it
   is unable to implicitly load GLcore.  Check your X config file and
   make sure that you are loading glx (see "Editing Your X config File"
   above). If your X config file is correct, then check the X log file
   for warnings/errors pertaining to GLX.  Also check that all of the
   necessary symlinks are in place (refer to Appendix C).

    Hope it helps, sorry if it doesn't.

                Rick B