[ut2004] UT2004 Linux demo is available...

Matthew Arnold marnold at ez-net.com
Fri Feb 13 12:09:37 EST 2004

Ryan C. Gordon wrote:
> http://icculus.org/news/news.php?id=1879
>
> Get it!
>
> --ryan.

Thanks for the hard work! I just played for a little bit and noticed a
couple of things:

1) The sounds seems to be very quiet, even with the volume cranked up
all the way (this is with the ALSA emu10k1 driver in the 2.6.2 kernel).

2) The libSDL that comes with the game seems to be based on SDL 1.2.5. I
get the refresh rate problem with XFree86 4.3. All I had to do is move
the game's libSDL out of the System directory so that it would use my
system-wide 1.2.6 SDL instead. Would it be possible to upgrade that
library to SDL 1.2.6 before the game goes gold?

Thanks again, ryan, and keep up the good work!

Matt