[ut2004] patch broke my server

Pollywog linux at shadypond.com
Tue Aug 31 19:22:58 EDT 2004

On 08/31/2004 11:15 pm, Ian Knight wrote:
> > It seemed to be working until I
> >installed the patch and I believe I installed the patch correctly because
> > it prompted me as to whether to overwrite files.
>
> The patch will overwrite files - that is the point of a patch - to
> update files to a newer version, that is perfectly normal.

Exactly, that is what I was saying.  Had I installed the patch incorrectly, I
would not have seen those prompts, so it is reasonable to assume that the
patch was not the problem, that the thing I was patching was the problem :)

> Post your errors if you get them after the clean install + patch.

I will do that.  The people on this list ARE very helpful, I have noticed.
I will not install the CBP or anything else until the clean and patched server
is working.  Is anyone using the patch also using the Community Bonus Pack
version 2?

thanks

--
8)