[ut2004] patch broke my server

Pollywog linux at shadypond.com
Tue Aug 31 19:11:28 EDT 2004

On 08/31/2004 11:02 pm, Ian Knight wrote:
> Pollywog wrote:
> >The 3270.1 patch broke my server though the client was not adversely
> > affected. Was this patch intended for clients only?
>
> I think you need to supply a little more info than "it broke my server"
> - there are logs in UT2004, you really need to look at these logs and
> understand what they are telling you.
>
> People on this list are very helpful - but without knowing any
> information at all - it is impossible to help you to fix your server.

I did look at the logs and found no clues as to the cause of the failure.
I am downloading the server again, from FileFront, it is the
UT2004-3186-DedicatedServer.zip file.  That is the only way I will know that
I have patched the correct server.  If after I have started it, I still see
error messages, I will post them here.  It seemed to be working until I
installed the patch and I believe I installed the patch correctly because it
prompted me as to whether to overwrite files.

I will have to reconfigure everything, though I made backups of my configs.

thanks

8)