[ut2004] what Linux distros?

augustus at linuxhardware.org augustus at linuxhardware.org
Tue Aug 31 11:41:57 EDT 2004

I run Gentoo on all of my boxes.  It performs very well with standard i386
CPUs and x86_64 CPUs.  I would say that it feels like it runs just as well
under Linux as it does Windows.  I have not performed and comparitive
benchmarks but I wouldn't be opposed to doing so.

I don't believe that any distro is faster than Gentoo when optimized
correctly.

Thanks,
Kris Kersey (Augustus)
LinuxHardware.org Site Manager