[ut2004] 3270.1 Patch

Pollywog linux at shadypond.com
Tue Aug 31 10:53:00 EDT 2004

On 08/31/2004 02:48 pm, Pollywog wrote:
> On 08/31/2004 01:48 pm, Ryan C. Gordon wrote:
> > http://0day.icculus.org/ut2004/ut2004-lnxpatch3270-1.tar.bz2
> >
> > --ryan.
>
> Isn't that the patch that broke UT2004 for some of us?
> I installed it three times and each time, had to reinstall the game.

I wonder if perhaps the patch was intended for servers.  I installed it on my
client, not the server and then I played on servers on the Internet.  When I
started the game after the patch, I could not see the graphic that one
usually sees as a map loads, I just saw the name of the map on a dark
background, but I never connected to a game or else as soon as I did, my game
locked up or just crashed.  I have CBP2 installed, perhaps the patch is
incompatible with CBP2.

8)