[ut2004] Missing UT2004.ini file

Rick B zajelo3 at cfl.rr.com
Tue Aug 3 15:31:51 EDT 2004

Rick B wrote:

>    Anybody have a idea why my UT2004.ini file suddenly disappeared? I
> was playing online for a couple hours, then shut the game down and
> after one hour tried to restart the game and it complains about not
> being able to find the UT2004.ini file. The following is from my
> UT2004.log file:
>
> DevLoad: Loading object 'ini:Engine.Engine.GameEngine'  class 'Class'
> Warning: Failed to load 'Class None.ini:Engine.Engine.GameEngine':
> Can't find 'ini:Engine.Engine.GameEngine' in configuration file
> Warning: Can't find 'ini:Engine.Engine.GameEngine' in configuration file
> Critical: Can't find 'ini:Engine.Engine.GameEngine' in configuration file
> Exit: Executing UObject::StaticShutdownAfterError
> Exit: Exiting.
> Log: FileManager: Reading 0 GByte 0 MByte 3 KByte 813 Bytes from HD
> took 0.000011 seconds (0.000011 reading, 0.000000 seeking).
> Log: FileManager: 0.000000 seconds spent with misc. duties
> Uninitialized: Name subsystem shut down
> Uninitialized: Log file closed, Tue Aug  3 02:22:37 2004
>
>                Rick B

    I dont know what happened but somehow my good UT2004.ini file got
deleted and in it's place I have one that says this:

[FirstRun]
FirstRun=3236

    Yes, that's the whole file. I had a renamed backup that I used to
get the game going again. Only thing that happened out of the ordinary
was that on one of the servers I was playing on, it said "speedhack
detected". Could that have caused my UT2004.ini file to be overwritten?

                Rick B