[ut2004] patch issues....(libSDL)

Mike Norris mnorris11 at houston.rr.com
Mon Aug 2 17:06:53 EDT 2004

ES wrote:
> After installing the latest patch on my Suse 9.1 X86_64 box, I get the
> following.....
>
> ./ut2004-bin: error while loading shared libraries: ./libSDL-1.2.so.0:
>
> I copied the files manually from the patch directories to the corresponding
> UT2004 directories.
>
> Everything ran just fine before the patch (except netplay)
>
> Any thoughts, anyone.....??
>
> TIA
>
> Eric

Did you accidentally overwrite your System directory?  I've done that
once or twice when using File Roller (or whatever it's called...it's
labeled "Archive Manager" now under Slackware 10.0) to directly extract
files into a directory.  If so, you'll probably have to reinstall the
game...

I've got almost 1,000 items in my System directory.  You might want to
double-check and make sure you have a reasonable amount of data in there.