[ut2004] Cheating in UT2004

Rick B zajelo3 at cfl.rr.com
Sun Aug 1 15:24:21 EDT 2004

John Nilsson wrote:

>Follow him/her in spectator mode.
>-John
>
>On Sun, 2004-08-01 at 18:17, Andreas 'GlaDiaC' Schneider wrote:
>

>>It isn't easy to say that someone is cheating or not, but most you can
>>see it on the movements. Or on how fast he can turn arround and kill you.
>>
>>Rick B wrote:
>>

>>>   UT2004 is the first video game I have ever really seriously played,
>>>be it Linux or Windows, PC or console, online or offline. My question is
>>>about cheating when you are playing online. How do you know when someone
>>>is cheating or just a really good player? The other day I was playing
>>>and I had one guy who, everytime he tried to kill me, was very quick and
>>>fast, at a good distance, and every shot was right on target, this
>>>happened many times and judging by his score I wasn't the only one he
>>>was doing that to. And I was thinking to myself "there's no way this guy
>>>can't be cheating, I mean, he can barely see me from there". Whereas,
>>>last night I was playing and there was a guy (or girl) and it was just
>>>plain obvious that that person was a very skilled player and his score
>>>reflected that. I realize, that being a gaming newbie, I am going to run
>>>up against some players that are totally "ungodly" in their gaming
>>>skills. But how do you tell the really good player from the cheaters?
>>>
>>>                   Rick B

    That's a good idea. I feel sorry for the guys who spent all that
time to become really good, because when they wax you fast on a
consistent basis it seems your always (I am) thinking "are they really
that good or are they cheating?". But when I see someone real good, and
I'm pretty sure their not cheating, it gives me hope. By the way, what
kind of cheating does Anti-TCC prevent?

                Rick B