One more OpenAl question

rix zajelo3 at cfl.rr.com
Thu Apr 22 17:53:48 EDT 2004

Hi all,
    All right, I got my openal set up mostly right except I get some
static when the game starts. I have a feeling it's the

(define alsa-out-device "hw:0,0") comment in .openalrc. How do you know what the "out-device" is on any particular machine? Is the "hw:0,0" representative of the pci bus location of the sound card? I have tried "default" instead of "hw:0,0" that doesn't work at all. Also, I got like a 3 fps performance boost out of this tweak. Thanks guys for helping out.

		Rick B.