[ut2004] Crashing Problems

Jeff Woods klaatu at fnordco.com
Thu Apr 15 16:38:52 EDT 2004

On 15 Apr 2004 18:19:30 +0100
Peter Wright <hardw1re at utleague.com> wrote:

> Yeah my CPU is overclocked from 2100xp to 2600xp. It's fine for
> windows... maybe if i increase the voltages? i dont really want to
> decrease my cpu speed :( oh well. maybe i should lower it. Do any of you

The Unreal engine is notoriously unfriendly to overclocking, from what I've heard.

I was having the same problem with lockups on my system, and after a lengthy troubleshooting session, I found out that it was a memory module causing the trouble. I replaced the module, and haven't had a lockup since.

> know of any patches/tweaks for the original UT in linux to improve
> graphical quality?

http://icculus.org/~ravage/ut/UT436-OpenGLDrv-Linux-090602.tar.gz

This isn't anything drastic, but it fixes a bug or two, and enables trilinear filtering, which was missing from the original OpenGL renderer.

There is a project to update the UT renderer:

http://cwdohnal.home.mindspring.com/utglr/

but it's mainly improvements for ATI cards, and it's got a bunch of Windows-specific code in it, according to the author.

--
"I hate quotations." --Ralph Waldo Emerson