[ut2004] Is there any way to lower UT's priority when doing offline tasks?

J. Ryan Earl heretic at clanhk.org
Sun Apr 4 22:30:22 EDT 2004

Xipher wrote:

> problem is, when a server changes maps, its going to take a longer
> period to load it up for the clients to connect, which could cause
> problems, and make them think the effect is lag, and change servers.

What's the timeout value?  I'd say, "Spawn a keep alive thread" but that
might involve a client change.  Either way, if your server is
sufficiently fast, we're talking about a 6 second load time versus a 2
second load time + 2 seconds of every other server dropping half their
packets.  It should be configurable.  The server administrator should be
able to set this option as he sees fit.  I want to make this call.

-ryan