[ut2004] CD Key

Jamin W. Collins jcollins at asgardsrealm.net
Fri Apr 2 12:56:29 EST 2004

On Fri, Apr 02, 2004 at 12:48:24PM -0500, David Krider wrote:
> I'm sorry if this has already been discussed. I liked the way Quake 3
> worked. You needed a CD key to play online, but not to install or to
> play on a LAN. How does the CD key in UT2004 work? If we have a LAN
> party, does everyone need a valid key?

Yes, everyone installing the software on their system need a valid key
(even the dedicated servers) and legitimate copy.  Are you sure Quake 3
allowed you to install and play without a key (it's been quite a while
since I reinstalled it)?

--
Jamin W. Collins

To be nobody but yourself when the whole world is trying it's best night
and day to make you everybody else is to fight the hardest battle any
human being will fight. -- E.E. Cummings