[ut2004] Why is my Unreal Tournament 2004 not working!!!???

Derek W. pydron at charter.net
Sat Apr 3 11:04:57 EST 2004

Aaron Rey Esparza wrote:

>On Fri, 2004-04-02 at 09:15, Gian Paolo Mureddu wrote:
>

>>Well that's easy then. Just press control + alt + F1, log in as root,
>>issue the already said init 3 command. You must press enter to get back
>>the prompt after all the messages. Just one thing though before you go
>>doing that and hit a brick wall: Install the sources for your current
>>running kernel. Just log onto RH's FTP, grab the package kernel-source,
>>install it either with rpm -Uvh or rpm -ivh, I wouldn't recommend using
>>redhat-config-packages for it, thogh.
>>

>done....why would i need the kernel source?
>
>Im sorry for confusing you guys....
>
>This is where i am at so far...
>
>I installed the linux drivers from nVidias site...
>
>this is the current message i am getting after installing the drivers
>
>Signal: SIGSEGV [segmentation fault]
>Aborting.
>

>Crash information will be saved to your logfile.
>Segmentation fault
>
>I just want to frag!!!

When I was going through this process I had to change my XF86Config-4
file so that it would use the NVidia drivers when the X server
started.   In this section:

---- snip

Section "Device"
    ### Available Driver options are:-
# sw_cursor is needed for some ati and radeon cards
Option "sw_cursor"
        #Option     "hw_cursor"
        #Option     "NoAccel"
        #Option     "ShowCache"
        #Option     "ShadowFB"
        #Option     "UseFBDev"
        #Option     "Rotate"
    Identifier  "Card0"
# The following line is auto-generated by KNOPPIX mkxf86config
    Driver      "nvidia"
    VendorName  "All"
    BoardName   "All"
#    BusID       "PCI:1:0:0"