[ut2004] Why is my Unreal Tournament 2004 not working!!!???

Gian Paolo Mureddu Thetargos at tutopia.com
Fri Apr 2 11:15:45 EST 2004

Aaron Rey Esparza wrote:

>>Ok, did you install nVidia's propietary driver? If not go to nVidia's
>>webpage, download, install (as described in the readme), and configure
>>accordingly. As for your sound, depending on your chipset model I'm
>>pretty sure you're using the intel810_audio driver (OSS) driver. Maybe
>>if you tell us your distribution/kernel version would be easier to solve
>>this one?...
>>

>Im a linux newb but i have the x86 nvidia driver....I cant install it
>unless i am in text mode...which i have no idea how to shut my x server
>down and go into text mode then reboot the x server (see told you i was
>newb)
>
>I am running the most up 2 date version of redhat 9

Well that's easy then. Just press control + alt + F1, log in as root,
issue the already said init 3 command. You must press enter to get back
the prompt after all the messages. Just one thing though before you go
doing that and hit a brick wall: Install the sources for your current
running kernel. Just log onto RH's FTP, grab the package kernel-source,
install it either with rpm -Uvh or rpm -ivh, I wouldn't recommend using
redhat-config-packages for it, thogh.