[ut2004] Why is my Unreal Tournament 2004 not working!!!???

Gian Paolo Mureddu Thetargos at tutopia.com
Thu Apr 1 22:57:17 EST 2004

Aaron Rey Esparza wrote:

>I type in ut2004 in my bash shell.....The splash screen pops up then the
>following is displayed....
>
>Xlib:  extension "XFree86-DRI" missing on display ":0.0".
>open /dev/[sound/]dsp: Device or resource busy
>Couldn't set video mode: Couldn't find matching GLX visual
>

>History:
>
>Exiting due to error
>

>What do I do?  I am very confused....
>
>aaron

Basically this means you don't have both sound support (maybe due to
pure ALSA or no drivers at all loaded for your card) and you don't have
a valid OpenGL accelerated configuration, notice I'm saying
configuration, not hardware... You should tackle the two problems
independently one from the other... the easiest is sound... just see if
you have configured your soundcard correctly. The other (graphics) is a
little more difficult, but that'll depend on your hardware.