[ut2003io] Errors when starting ut2003

Larry Wyble llwyble at suddenlink.net
Mon Oct 22 16:38:29 EDT 2007

On Sun, 21 Oct 2007 20:55:43 -0400
"Ryan C. Gordon" <icculus at icculus.org> wrote:

> > Negative delta time!
>
> Multiple CPU cores with cpufreq?
>
> You've probably got a multiprocessor AMD chip, and the timestamp
> counters aren't sync'd between them.
>
> I _think_ we fixed this in a later ut2003 patch, but maybe that
> only made it into ut2004.
>
> If you get desperate, try to convince the kernel to only run the
> game on one CPU. But make sure you have the latest UT2003 patch,
> too.
>
> --ryan.

That got the game running. I used takset to set the game on processor
0. The only problem I have now is the sound is horribly choppy. I
will get the patch and see if that cures the problems. Also when I go
to the hardware setup in the game the game locks up. Again maybe the
patch will fix these problems.

Thanks