Longer initial loading times in 2.6

Thomas Otto 3.1415926535897932384626433832 at gmx.net
Wed Jan 21 01:57:02 EST 2004

Hi!

In kernel 2.6 ut2003 takes much longer to start than under 2.4, I've
experienced this with Neverwinter Nights as well and I think these
problems are related, also see this thread I found in the forum:

<http://nwn.bioware.com/forums/viewtopic.html?topic=291657&forum=72>

Has anybody else experienced this and maybe gotten arround it, e.g.
(wild guess) compiling libSDL with pthreads instead of lpthreads and
tossing it into the System/ directory or so?

System is a Debian Sid with the 5328 Nvidia drivers, though according to
some forum posts this doesn't matter too much.

      -Thomas