[ut2003io] Performance of UT2K4 wrt UT2K3

David Krider david at davidkrider.com
Sat Feb 14 15:08:47 EST 2004

On Sat, 2004-02-14 at 07:23, Andrew Pilley wrote:
> On Sat, 2004-02-14 at 16:18, David Krider wrote:
> > So far, it seems smoother than running the older game,
> > but I suppose time will tell.
>
> They've had over a year to optimise the engine, and they didn't
> completely rewrite it, what did you expect?

Well, obviously, I thought that with the addition of vehicles and better
AI it would have taken even more computer to run it than the older
version. In fact, now that I think about it, I can't remember a single
piece of software I've ever seen in my 20 years of working with
computers, that ran this much faster, with this much more than the older
version.

Apparently, the 2.6 kernels are supposed to fall into this category as
well, but I haven't tried one yet. The next time I get an itch to try
something new (I just installed SuSE 9.0), I think I will.

dk