[ut2003io] Linux startup troubles - 'script mismatch' - FIXED!
elmar.hoefner at uibk.ac.at
Sat Nov 29 19:50:07 EST 2003
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Am Freitag, 28. November 2003 20:04 schrieb Elmar Höfner:
> ut2k3 install went fine, no errors were reported. However, when I try to
> start the game with 'ut2003' in a console window, I get the splash screen
> first and then after a few seconds, nothing, except this:
> C++/ Script class size mismatch
> Exiting due to error
In case anybody has the same problem, here is a workaround:
1. Install the demo version.
2. Install the original game.
3. Copy 'System/Engine.so' of the original game anywhere to have a backup.
4. Copy recursively the whole installed demo version over the original game.
5. Copy back the backup of Engine.so in its place.
This has worked for me.
I still was not able to apply the 2225 patch. :(
| Elmar W. Hoefner
| You can send me encrypted mail. Get my public GPG key from
| Fingerprint: B5D9 2544 A06A 6760 E16A 46BF 5A6B B7EF B530 08E2
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.2.3 (GNU/Linux)
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
More information about the ut2003