[ut2003io] Problem

Andrew Pilley ashridah at icculus.org
Sat Nov 8 00:02:56 EST 2003

On Sat, 2003-11-08 at 12:01, Carlos Jorge AR Pacheco wrote:
> Hi every1
> Some months ago a new patch had been released but the auto-updater had
> an error and ut2003 stoped working ... unfortunately i only had time to
> reinstall it now but now it gives me an error when i try to start the game :
>
> $ ut2003
> open /dev/dsp: Device or resource busy
> Xlib:  extension "GLX" missing on display ":0.0".
> Xlib:  extension "GLX" missing on display ":0.0".
> Couldn't set video mode: Couldn't find matching GLX visual

You sound like you haven't got
Load 'glx'
enabled properly in /etc/X11/XF86Config-4 double-check it, and make
sure.

Also, having /dev/dsp give you an error when trying to open it typically
means you're using an audio chipset WITHOUT hardware mixing of any kind,
and you basically need to make sure things like esd and artsd aren't
running.

ashridah

--
I hereby pose this question for analysis.
Are Microsoft users smarter than hamsters?