[ut2003io] Linux Performance

David Krider david at davidkrider.com
Fri May 30 16:52:21 EDT 2003

On Fri, 2003-05-30 at 15:42, Ryan C. Gordon wrote:
> Btw, if it hasn't been said, the game defaults to "modem" for network
> speed, which will _severely_ clamp your framerate when playing online.
> Single player/instant action and LAN games are not clamped.
>
> Move your network speed to something higher in the settings and see if
> it makes a difference.

That's a good point, but I was on a LAN for the "jerkiness" and tested
"instant action" after the fixes. Plus, UT (original) taught me that the
_very first thing_ you do after installing is to change the network
speed. I didn't even know that it ignored that setting for "local"
gaming. That's very good to note.