[ut2003io] Linux Performance

Andy Mecham AMecham at nvidia.com
Thu May 29 19:46:00 EDT 2003

> Note that it may not work, it could lock up when you start X, or
> whatever. At least it has for me in the past. Try that, but it may not
> result in better performance.

Certain chipsets won't work correctly without using NVAGP (the KT400, for
example), so play around and see what works best for you.  Remember that
most boards require a reboot if you change AGP drivers.

> Also, you may want to enable SBA and Fast Writes. To do this,
> edit your
> modules.conf file and put in this:
>
> options nvidia NVreg_EnableAGPSBA=1 NVreg_EnableAGPFW=1

Be careful with these settings.  They can introduce instability on some
chipsets, which is why they're turned off by default.

--andy