[ut2003io] Linux Performance

David Krider david at davidkrider.com
Sun May 25 02:27:47 EDT 2003

On Sun, 2003-05-25 at 01:11, Dana Olson wrote:
> On my system, I have to put:
>
>     Option      "NvAGP" "1"
>
> To get decent frame rates in the game.
>
> I can't recall what 3 is, so maybe that won't help. Sorry if that's the
> case.

"1" enables agp. "2" enables agpgart. According to the NVidia driver
README, "3" allows the system to try agpgart, but fallback to agp if
that fails. I just tried "1," since, after all, I had tried "2" and "3."
I went from 79 to 47 fps in antalus-flyby. Does your system not do
agpgart? It's apparently much faster than "regular" agp (only now do I
see just how much on my system), though I have _zero_ knowledge of the
difference.

dk