[ut2003io] Update Error

tk Voice tkVoice at netscape.net
Sun May 4 13:49:28 EDT 2003

Gentlemen:

I too have had the update fail (it downloaded the file then failed on
some checksum problem even though I had just freshly installed from CD's)

Seems like too much trouble.

Why not just give up on the loki_update thing?

It is obvious that it sucks and way too much time has been spent trying
to make it work not to mention talking about it on this list. Seems like
the programmers time could be spent more prudently in actually making
the game run better, faster and getting rid of bugs than wasting it away
on getting loki_update  to work.

Why not just come out with a downloadable install patch program like the
way Q3Arena does it? (basically put a nice GUI front end on the tar-ball
patch that is widely available and works every time)

Peter