[ut2003io] Updater wont work

Matthew Arnold marnold at ez-net.com
Mon Mar 31 10:24:18 EST 2003

floam wrote:
> Every time i try to update it dies, heres the output:

[snip]

> loki_patch: dynamic-link.h:57: elf_get_dynamic_info: Assertion `! "bad
> dynamic tag"' failed.
> ./update.sh: line 62: 27017 Aborted                 loki_patch --verify
> patch.dat
> The program returned an error code (1)
> Update failed

I had the same problem. icculus said to use this file to patch the game:

http://www.beyondunreal.com/dl.php/official/ut2003/ut2003lnx_patch2199.tar.bz2

That will bring any version of the game up to 2199. Worked for me. The
reason for the crash is an incompatibility with glibc 2.3.

By the way, can anybody tell me why the changes in glibc 2.3 are so
important that every distro is upgrading to it, yet it seems to break an
awful lot of things quite violently?

Matt