[ut2003io] Updater crashing

Ryan C. Gordon ryan at epicgames.com
Tue Mar 25 22:08:10 EST 2003

Peter Kemmerer wrote:
> I *know* we're supposed to use the updater, but I've been very
> successful just manually installing each of the five updates
> in-sequence.  You can grab them here:
>
> http://www.beyondunreal.com/main/ut2003/ut2003essential.php

The problem is it isn't loki_update that's crashing, it's the patch
program. Specifically, it's a glibc conflict with 2.3 systems.

If you are brave, you can take apart the individual patch files and
replace the loki_patch program in each with one you built yourself, but
that's a pain.

This file from that page:

http://www.beyondunreal.com/dl.php/official/ut2003/ut2003lnx_patch2199.tar.bz2

...is probably easier for now. Just unpack it over your ut2003
installation (any version), and you're 2199 compatible.

I'll be fixing this whole situation when we stop churning out
patches...basically I'll have the updater see one big (2.3 compatible)
loki_update patch that brings the game from retail to the latest,
skipping the glibc 2.3 broken patches.

--ryan.