[ut2003io] UT2003 Epic Bonus Pack

Chunky Kibbles chunky at icculus.org
Wed Mar 12 15:57:25 EST 2003

On Tue, Jan 01, 2002 at 09:30:03AM +0100, root at cechit wrote:
> I edit :nameserver:80 but it see me apache page of currectly installation!

OK. Port 80:
First, it's priveliged. You're not allowed to open a service listening
on that port unless you're root.
Second, apache is already listening there, so you'd need to kill that
otherwise some bad voodoo might start happening.

I see you're running as root, so that'd be another problem. DON'T DO
IT.

The correct solution, by the way, is to point your server and browser at a
nice high non-priveliged port. I always tend to use ports up around
54000.

Please don't just stop apache and keep running as a priveliged user.

Gary (-;