[ut2003io] 2225 on RH 9 crashes

Marius hrome+icculus at rasmus.uib.no
Sun Jun 22 18:07:13 EDT 2003

> Mine of course is the normal way of seeing that file. In binary.

> > > Well I took a look at the UT2003.log and it's binary! How do you
> > > view it?
> >
> > Actually it looks like it's unicode or something like that ... you
> > just need to strip out the nulls .... this is the command I use to do
> > it...
> >
> > tr -d "\000" < server.log > server.log.bak
>
> Strange, my log in ~/.ut2003/System/UT2003.log is just straight ASCII as
> far
>
> as I can tell.  So is the ucc.log I got when I tried running a server.

As far as i can tell from looking on my log files (from my linux servers and
the windows client) it's plain ascii. That is the files opens fine in vi(m)
and less / more / grep ... I don’t have Emacs but i'm sure it would open
fine in that one too (or start playing Hanoi).

File reports:
[LinuxÜbernoob at godzilla System]$ file CTFdemo.log
CTFdemo.log: ISO-8859 C++ program text
(this is on a redhat 8)

---
marius