[ut2003io] Unreal 2

D. Olson dana at mandrakeusers.org
Thu Jan 16 20:32:48 EST 2003

On Thu, 16 Jan 2003 20:13:27 -0500
Eric Lathrop <eslathro at mtu.edu> wrote:

> > I *really* want this game, as I prefer single player games. UT2003
> > is fine and all, and I had to get it, but I want U2.
>
> I know. My main reason for buying UT2K3 was to encourage Epic to
> make a linux version of Unreal 2.
>
> Fingers crossed,
>   --Eric Lathrop

Is it up to Epic? If so, they said that we (Linux users) should get a
client if they were gonna make a server for Linux too. And I totally
agree with that - it's been far too long that we get servers only. And
UT was a fantastic game with lots of replayability. I still play it.
UT2003 was a good title to get for Linux.

Now, I have Unreal for Linux thanks to Chunky's installer, and so that
leaves but one piece missing... Unreal 2.

But, is Unreal 2 going to need a server? If not, then there goes one
reason to port to Linux... However, it uses the same engine as UT2003,
right? So I would think that a lot of the work has been done
already... But I could be wrong.

Either way, I've made my opinion known to Legend, and there are people
from Epic here that know it as well. I'm only one person, yeah. So my
opinion doesn't matter *that* much. But given that we're talking about
Linux, I make up what, 3% of all Linux users? ;)

If it happens, great! I'll buy it, if it doesn't, well, that sucks,
but there are still games I don't have yet that I can spend my money
on. I just gotta do something about getting some money now. :)

--
D. Olson
The Mandrake eXPerience

"Seeing, contrary to popular wisdom, isn't believing. It's where
belief stops, because it isn't needed any more."