[ut2003io] maps

Andrew Pilley ashridah at icculus.org
Fri Jan 10 07:14:39 EST 2003

On Fri, 2003-01-10 at 05:31, G.D. Bell wrote:
> I'm having trouble downloading maps off server
> I receive error "unable to move file" after full
> download..I figure my cache is corrupted somehow.

hmm. i think this is actually a known bug, currently. check in
http://bugzilla.icculus.org/
i thought it was supposed to have been fixed in 2166 however.

> Anyone know how I go about addingnew maps to my
> pre-configured map data base on linux

"pre-configured map database?" i presume you mean "download and install
a new map"

iirc, you can only install new maps in the system-wide game directories
(typically /usr/local/games/ut2003/

just download, unzip into a temporary directory, and copy the relevent
bits into Textures, Maps, StaticMeshes, etc.

Andrew 'ashridah' Pilley