[ut2003io] multiplayer issue

Ryan C. Gordon ryan at epicgames.com
Thu Feb 6 21:03:57 EST 2003

> for example a friend of mine made a server and told me to log in (a
> password server) when i tried to connect the first time it showed the
> password box and i entered it . then it didnt work ... jumped the
> starting animation again ... and now everytime i try to connect to that
> same server it doesnt even show the password box and i never get to
> enter it ... can anyone help me please ?

This is a bug in the Linux client involving passworded servers.

Instead of connecting through the server browser, pull down the console
and enter:

open xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:yyyy?password=zzzzz

Where "xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx" is the server's IP address, "yyyy" is the port
(7777 by default), and "zzzzz" is the password.

--ryan.