[ut2003io] matches take forever to start

floam floam at ascorbic.com
Sun Feb 2 19:41:33 EST 2003

Leith wrote:
I think my hard drive is pretty well tuned:

04:38PM/root at enuffbox>hdparm -tT /dev/hda

/dev/hda:
Timing buffer-cache reads: 128 MB in 0.40 seconds =323.23 MB/sec
Timing buffered disk reads: 64 MB in 1.39 seconds = 46.11 MB/sec

heres my settings:

04:39PM/root at enuffbox>hdparm /dev/hda

/dev/hda:
multcount = 16 (on)
IO_support = 3 (32-bit w/sync)
unmaskirq = 1 (on)
using_dma = 1 (on)
keepsettings = 1 (on)
readonly = 0 (off)
readahead = 1 (on)
geometry = 7297/255/63, sectors = 117231408, start = 0