Server Redirection

Paul Berger sanepsycho at globaldialog.com
Mon Dec 22 14:00:33 EST 2003

I don't know if anybody has an idea about this, but I've tried to setup
the following:

On the UT2003 server the redirect is given as:
http://someserver.somedomain.org/cgi-bin/redirect.cgi/

The CGI script check to see if the file requested exists on the server,
if not it recirects with a 302 to:
http://someserver.anotherdomain.org/ut2003/compressed/<file name>

The issue I'm having is I get "server refused to send file" ... this is
the same for both windows & linux clients.  Looking at the logs from
someserver.antotherdomain.org the UT2003 clent never checks this server.

Is it just that this is not supported, or do I need so send a 301 or 303
redirection to get it to work?

The main reason I'm doing this is to save bandwidth on our the server
that runs our web site and take advantage of the public redirect for
serving the bonus-pack maps.

Regards,
Paul Berger
--
"There are two things that are infinite; Human stupidity
 and the universe. And I'm not sure about the universe."