[ut2003io] radeon 9700 - all ATI users

Paul Berger sanepsycho at globaldialog.com
Tue Apr 15 19:01:11 EDT 2003

On Tue, 2003-04-15 at 16:22, deathsride at kmts.ca wrote:
> Ok,
> I own a 9700 and was ticked off that i had just spent 500$ Canadian to get this card then to find out that Linux didn't even work in accelerated mode...enuff with the rant.  So you just installed an RPM and the 3d drivers started to work for you?...which Linux are you using?
> As well can you post a link, or is it on the official ATI site?
> Don

I got it from the link that you will find in Johan Schuring's message.

I'm currently using Red Hat 9.0 (XFree86 4.3.0), and previously Red Hat
8.0 (Xfree86 4.2.0).  I had to manually define the BusID in the
XF86Config-4 file from 1:0:1 to 1:0:0 to get it to work.

The XFree86 4.3.0 ATI 2.9.6 drivers under Red Hat 9.0 has artifact
issues with the new Alpha cursors, this is was not an issue under RH 8.0
running XFree86 4.2.0 with the ATI 2.9.6 drivers.

Regards,
Paul