[ut2003io] TNT2 on Linux

David Hedbor david at hedbor.org
Mon Sep 30 15:42:20 EDT 2002

Bryan Field-Elliot <bryan_lists at netmeme.org> writes:

> 1.  (*) text/plain          ( ) text/html
>
> Thanks. I paid $55 for the TNT2 card at CompUSA. Obviously I don't know
> shit about graphics cards, but then again, neither should the UT2003
> README assume otherwise. That was my point.

Eeek. :-) That is really expensive. Here's some numbers from
pricewatch.com just give you an idea on "cheapest" prices today. Of
course, pricewatch prices are usually a bit lower than you could
reasonably expect to pay, but still, it should give you an idea.

In general CompUSA has prices surpassing "insane" (how about $15 for
a gender changer that cost $2 at Walmart for example)...

$223  -  GeForce4 TI 4600
$187  -  GeForce4 TI 4400
$119  -  GeForce4 TI 4200
$119  -  GeForce4 TI 4200 128MB
$97   -  GeForce4 MX 460
$86   -  GeForce4 MX 440 128MB
$58   -  GeForce4 MX 440 64MB
$57   -  GeForce4 MX 420
$112  -  GeForce3 TI 500
$78   -  GeForce3 TI 200
$258  -  GeForce3 Deluxe
$97   -  GeForce3
$208  -  GeForce2 Ultra 64MB
$50   -  GeForce2 TI 64MB
$69   -  GeForce2 TI 32MB
$89   -  GeForce2 Pro 64MB
$37   -  GeForce2 MX400 64MB

$40   -  GeForce2 MX400 32MB
$41   -  GeForce2 MX200 64MB
$26   -  GeForce2 MX200 32MB
$60   -  GeForce2 GTS 64MB
$35   -  GeForce2 GTS 32MB

$25   -  TNT2 32MB
$20   -  TNT2 16MB
$14   -  TNT2 8MB

--
[ Below is a random fortune, which is unrelated to the above message. ]
Dijkstra probably hates me