[ut2003io] master server protocol

Michiel El Muerte Hendriks m.f.h.hendriks at student.utwente.nl
Sat Sep 21 15:30:16 EDT 2002

On Sat, Sep 21, 2002 at 08:57:37PM +0200, Ludwig Nussel wrote:
> Really nice, but that is only for querying normal servers. I'm more
> interested in the master server protocol as normal servers can also
> be queried with the gamespy protocol which is already supported by
> qstat.

epic's master servers have been protected now, so no unauthorised
access. (Just like the GameSpy servers).
the protocol it self isn't that difficult, it's just that you need to
create some nice long numbers to get "approved".

qstat doesn't support the new UT2003 query protocol, you won't be able
to get all info from the server (like game rules), yet.

Michiel "El Muerte" Hendriks            elmuerte at drunksnipers.com
TDS - Internet Services                 http://www.drunksnipers.com